|Design of the HIV M&E*||
▪ Existence of an M&E framework and plan|
▪ Definition of data elements/HIV indicators
▪ Availability of financial resources
▪ Existence and staffing of M&E unit
|Activities for the production of HIV information||
▪ Collection: number of data recording forms in use; number and purpose of HIV data elements recorded.|
▪ Collation and reporting: number of data collation forms; mechanisms to transmit data from facility to higher levels of health system, format for reporting and audience.
▪ Analysis: approach to HIV data analysis at different levels of the health system.
|Availability of HIV information||▪ Whether HIV indicators are disseminated to and available at the district level.|
|Extent of HIV M&E and DHIS integration||
Extent of sharing of:|
▪ Collection: personnel and forms that record HIV and DHIS data.
▪ Collation and reporting: personnel and forms that collate HIV and DHIS data; reporting pathways and mechanisms, and audience to whom HIV and DHIS indicators are sent.
▪ Analysis: shared personnel and analytic approach for HIV and DHIS data.