weighted score (SD)
- Disease/Condition incidence or prevalence|
- High risk impact of disease/condition in the health system
- High frequency of risk factors associated with the disease/condition
- High frequency of avoidable risk factors associated with the disease/condition
|Information needs in the Health Sector||
- Information needs within the Institution/Organization|
- Current controversy about topic importance
- High importance of new methods and technology assessment
- Fast diffusion of non-assessed technologies, availability of resources and sufficient time for technologies implementation
- Country health priorities in agreement with CPG's needs
- High impact on national health system
|Feasibility on development and implementation||
- Feasibility on recommendations development which will improve health outcomes and cost|
- Is the proposal politically feasible?
- Does it belong to priority health areas according to government policies?
- Feasibility in implementation; will not require an excessive amount of resources and will not present important barriers to implement changes
- Will reduce inequities when implemented
- Will require education to training professionals
- Does the proposed topic include the participation of multiple departments, institutions, organizations, etc?
- Availability of effective methods shown by methodologically adequate studies.|
- Certainty about effectiveness of assessed interventions and technologies
- Potential impact of CPG
|Economic impact on the health system||
- Economic effects on health system (cost of an individual patient is high during diagnosis or therapeutic process)|
- Disease/Condition associated with iatrogenic interventions that are significantly high in cost.
|Clinical Practice Variation||
- Current evidence is insufficient for disease control in the population|
- Lack of high quality CPGs
- Availability of high volume of evidence regarding the CPG topic
- Evidence of inappropriate use of available technologies used in the treatment of condition (iatrogenic)
- Conditions/diseases where effective treatments could reduce mortality or morbidity
- Evidence of disagreements between current treatment and literature recommendations.
|Other social effects/Equity||
- Absenteeism from work or school, inability to work, inequities in access to health services|
- Will the service be available to anyone who requires it?
- Will this CPG have a positive or negative impact on minorities' access to health services?
- Will the CPG increase health service access to those affected by the condition?
- High patient demand or interest|
- Concerns about patients' quality of life
- Feasibility of patient empowerment
- High acceptability of the topic between the general public and professionals affected by the use of the CPG.
- Possibility of adverse events|
- Possibility of serious adverse events
- Disease/condition associated with high incidence of adverse events or sequels
|Health Promotion and Disease Prevention||
- Feasibility of prevention between patients with risk factors|
- Are there specific activities of health promotion, disease prevention, early diagnosis or treatment? Have all of them shown a reduction in disease burden?